But Hey, what happen to being single and loving it. Its nothing wrong with being single.
( Note Trina's Song- Single Again)
Here are a few things to consider about Valentine's Day:
(1) Valentine's Day is suppose to symbolize love, not just for couples but for everyone.
(2) Valentine's Day has become commericalized. The sole purpose is to make money, not about love and relationships.
(3) Love should be shown 365 days a year, not just on Valentine's Day, sad that some only get appreciate on one day out of a whole year.
These tips will help you keep the holiday in perspective and will help to ensure you enjoy your day.
(1) Don't define yourself based on your relationship status. It is not your identity as a person
(2) Get together w/others that love you: friends, family members and people you already have a special bond with.
(3) Plan in advance to stay away from areas that will attract large numbers of couples.
(4) If you are single, and don't want to be, start thinking about what is in the way of you being in a relationship that you deserve to be in. Important Point Here: Work on becoming the person that your dream partner will fall in love with. So many say what they want out of a dream partner, but have you taken a look at yourself to see if you are type of person that dream partner would want.
(5) If you are single, and loving it, OWN IT. You will still have a wonderful, meaningful and furfilling life if you don't get married. Don't allow people to make you feel like it is something wrog with being single.
Have you taken these suggestions to heart. Hope so. But now you ask, well, what can I do to enjoy My Valentine's Day? Here are a few suggestions to consider:
- Cheer someone up by giving.
- Send someone that has inspired you a heartful or homemade card to tell them how important they are to you.
- Take your child, niece, nephew or young cousin out to eat or for dessert. They will feel special and enjoy themselves. You will too.
- Send flowers, cards and.or candy to someone who had recently lost a spouse or has a spouse away in war. They need to know that others care about and love them.
- Surprise someone by giving
- Send flowers or candy to someone who is also single for V-Day and sign anonymous.
- Send a card to an elderly relative you haven't seen in a while.
There are many other things that you can do, think about it...
Giving is truly better than receiving. You will not only make other people happy but you will feel great making them happy. V-DAY is not just for couples.